- Thou shalt make no mark or incision on the pumpkin's exterior with anything other than the carving instrument.
- Thou shalt make no cut on the pumpkin which does not pierce through to the hollow interior, later to admit the light of the flame.
- The use of guides or stencils is strictly forbidden.
- Thou shalt discard any section of the pumpkin cut free, preferably in fire.
- Addition of any non-pumpkin material, such as paint or accessories, is strictly forbidden.
- Thou shalt use no light source other than open flame. Concern for fire prevention in lantern-lighting is frowned upon.
- Thou shalt take no undue care to keep the lantern safe from vandals. All pumpkins are offered as sacrifice to vandalism, and the night.
- When rot or vandalism end a lantern's life, please, consider composting. Disposal by fire is also acceptable.
- Thou shalt eat of the seeds of any pumpkin you carve, and reflect briefly on kuru.
- Carving of non-pumpkin gourds and squashes, while not strictly forbidden, may merit surveillance from the local authorities.
Tuesday, October 22, 2013
Rules from My Nonsensical Dictatorship: Pumpkin Carving
Posted by jake casella at 7:49 PM