Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Still Brewin'

Have been having pretty crazy computer issues-- it managed to eat my novel-length 2011 coffee summary, which I will re-write soon here.

In the meantime, quick updates:
-Running around doing lots and lots of machine maintenance.  Will post some thoughts on Linea vs. GB5 steam valves.
-Spot has a new head roaster, Chad Maslanka, who is taking our coffee up a few notches.  Michael Burke is head barista-ing at Cafe Bene in NYC.
-I'm about to launch a big, exciting, multi-pronged training program, expect lots of pics of the training center once it's done.
-2 Spot baristas, Jenn & Alyssa, are going to be competing in the NERBC!
-I was this close to nabbing the trophy at Joe Bean's recent throwdown.  Good job Wade, and good job Joe Bean--great shop, tasty beans, good event.
The throw-down's eventual champ preparing some Kyoto-style iced coffee.
Slingin' lattes on Joe's lever
That's it for now!  Busy busy busy here, but I am getting back on the blog train.

Also, shout-out to my a really cool site I've been following: http://www.coffeehabitat.com/ .  Tons of good info, and written very accessibly.

No comments:

Post a Comment